1. Key top three decisions faced by Joe:
Joe faces the decisions of
– what type of coffee do American’s prefer,
– what type of location is best for a coffee shop
– where is the best place in the United States toopen a coffee shop.
Other key decision he faces is to do Primary research or to outsource it.
2. Key deliverables by outside researcher would be:
– To find out which is the most prreffered coffee
– Which is the best place to open a coffee shop
3. How relevant are the coffee taste studies cited above? Explain.
The coffee taste studies are somewhat relevant. Although the taste studies showcased the top four places to get coffee, there are many more locations that were not taken into consideration. The results of both the taste tests yielded different conclusions.The taste tests focused on chain coffee shops but Joe will be opening a local type of a coffee shop
4. Flaws in the coffee taste studies
– They ahowcased only top four coffee shops and ignored a local famous shops.
– Location of the study was very limited and so was the sample size.
Joe should not put in more efforts to understand the merit of the studies. Instead he should get done his own study as his objective is to open a local coffee shop