How does an intentional tort differ from negligence? Provide examples of both negligence and an intentional tort.
- In such lawsuits the harm was done with an intention to harm.
- In such cases the act was done purposely in order to cause harm to the plaintiff.
- In such lawsuits the harm was not done with intent but it was due to negligence.
- In such cases the act was not done purposely in order to cause harm to the plaintiff.
- In such cases also there is a legal liability for the injury caused.
Negligence example: A person walking inside the Shopping complex fell due to water on the floor. Though the water was not spilled to cause any injury but it was caused due to negligence.
Intentional tort: A person is injured while defending himself/herself of a robbery attack. In such cases the intent was to harm the other person.