Reading Response Prompt
Based on the reading, some of the questions are more abstract and some are more concrete, but the overall effect is to answer a few basic questions: who, what, where, and when.
And a final question: why does it matter?
It should summarize the piece of writing, its main arguments and the types of evidence it uses to support those arguments. It should answer most or all of the Who, What, Where, and When Questions; touch on one or more of the Self-Reflection and Making-Connection Questions; at least one of the Analysis Questions, and use at least one of the Questions to Generate Discussion as the starting point for a conversation among the members of your group.
Who, What, Where, and When Questions:
• What problem is the author identifying?
• Who does the problem relate to?
• How does the author locate the problem in time and space? (When and where is the author talking about?)
• What are the complexities of this issue?
• For whom is this topic important and why?
• What do I already know about this topic? Where and how have I acquired this knowledge?
• What might be the limitations of my thinking related to this topic? How is what I am reading different from what I already know? Why might this difference exist?
• What new ideas are here for me to consider? Why am I willing to consider them? Why am I not willing to consider them?
• What connections can I make between this reading selection and something else that we have discussed in this course?
• Which of the presented ideas are similar to your own? Which of the ideas have you not thought about before?
• What kind of assumptions is the author making? Do I share these same assumptions?
• What does the author appear to value? Have I been convinced to value these same things? Why or why not?
• What information builds my confidence in the authors’ expertise?
Questions to Generate Discussion:
• If the opportunity arose, what questions would I pose to the author?
• Copy and Paste one sentence (or a couple of sentences) that stuck out to you in the reading. Maybe because it was beautifully written, or confusing, weird, or dumb. Talk about why it stuck out to you.
• When we learn something new, it shows us there are gaps in our knowledge. What gaps in your knowledge did the reading expose? What new questions are you left with after completing the reading?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.