Locate a piece of visual or digital rhetoric. This could be an advertisement (print or video), a famous photo or painting, a poster, or even a graphic novel. Your choice must use rhetoric (visual, possibly with some text) in an interesting and persuasive manner. The piece that you chose should be fairly sophisticated. You don’t want to analyze the obvious. Your analysis needs to help the reader understand how the text/image works to persuade its intended audience.
1. Choose a piece to analyze on your own from a simple Google search. I suggest using a simple, direct search phrase, such as “Great print ads to analyze.”
2. Now, you need to start analyzing the visual/digital claim that you have chosen. One good place to start is answering the questions in the Tips For Analysis section of this module. You do not turn in these answers; answering the questions will help you draft your essay.
3. Come up with a thesis or claim about the piece you will be analyzing.
1. Think deep. Go beyond the obvious. Have fun!
2. Present the context for the piece of digital rhetoric
Visual included into essay
Visual has high readability
Visual is cited in MLA
3. Make a strong claim about the piece as your thesis (highlight or underline your thesis)
4. Use the correct rhetorical terminology when analyzing the visual (e.g., contrast, bold, foreground, etc).
5. Utilize effective support from the primary source (this is not a research paper!).
6. Expand/challenge/transform the audience’s understanding of the image through your analysis.
7. Use correct paragraphing techniques so ideas read smoothly and effectively
No less then five paragraphs.
You initially might want to ask:
How does the piece’s creators target an audience, respond to an audience, and/or construct an audience?
How does the visual’s style and delivery make meaning?
Why is the visual arranged as it is?
How are logic and emotion deployed to persuade?
How does ethos function in the visual?
How do social, historical, and/or metaphysical contexts inform the text’s meaning?
Where (and when) did the visual appear, and how is this significant?
Does the visual make interesting references, suggestions, or connotations?
What is the key purpose of the visual?
What sort of world does the visual desire?
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.